LAWS OF THE GAME
Click on the links below to download the latest releases of the following official U.S. Soccer Federation books & documents:
Modifications to the LOTG | Small-Sided Games 7v7 (Updated Sept 9, 2019)
National Associations now have the option to modify all or some of the following organizational areas of the Laws of the Game for football for which they are responsible:
For youth, veterans, disability and grassroots football:
- Size of the field of play
- Size, weight and material of the ball
- Width between the goalposts and height of the crossbar from the ground
- Duration of the two halves of the game (and two equal halves of extra time)
- The use of return substitutesThe use of temporary dismissal for some/all cautions (YCs)
No other modifications are allowed without the permission of the International Football Association Board (IFAB).
Male and Female
References to the male gender in the Laws of the Game in respect of referees, assistant referees, players and officials are for simplification and apply to both men and women.