U.S. Soccer 9v9 In Person & 11v11 In Person License (12U & 14U)
Cal South’s minimum required license level to coach a competitive team of any age is to hold either one of the following licenses:
- 9v9 In Person License
- 11v11 In Person License
“In Person License” is the name of the license type. We administer these license courses in various formats which include:
- In Person Format: lecture and field training is done in person at a location.
- Blended Format: lecture is done virtually through Zoom and field training is completed in person at a location
- Virtual Format: Both lecture and field portion are done virtually through live Zoom sessions.
Topics will include the Six Tasks of a US Soccer Coach
- Coaching Training Sessions
- Leading the Team
- Managing the Performance Environment
- Coaching Games
- Leading the Player
Course Length: Duration of either license is a total of four hours.
- Minimum Age: 16 years of age
- Step One: Create a coaching profile in the US Soccer’s Learning Center (LC)
- Step Two: Complete the “U.S. Soccer Introduction to Grassroots Coaching” Module
Cost: $75 per license
How to Register
Step 1: Register to pay for an In Person License within the Cal South system by clicking here
Step 2: Complete the prerequisites of creating a U.S. Soccer account and take the free “Introduction to Grassroots Coaching” module.
Step 3: Register within the LC to gain access to the In Person classroom online and start assignments.
Additional Cal South Requirements:
KIDSAFE Risk Management Program (For Legal Adults Only)
If you are 18 years old or older, you will need to adhere to our KIDSAFE Risk Management Program. All legal adults must have their fingerprints cleared by the Department of Justice before they are allowed on the field with our youth. To complete this, you will need to download our Live Scan form which can be taken to any servicer. You can do a quick Google search for “local Live Scan locations” and take your form to them. The cost will range anywhere from $15-$30. Keep your copy of the Live Scan form after the service is done until you have received an email confirmation that we have received your results. On average it takes from 1-14 days to receive results back from the Department of Justice. We will update your Cal South profile as soon as that clearance comes in.