The Release and Transfer process is completed online via the Cal South Registration System.
What is a "Release and Transfer?"
The formal request to move from one team to another within the same seasonal year.
If you have a player who wishes to move from one team to another, within a seasonal year, then you want to use the Release and Transfer process. Completing this process will allow for the smooth transitioning of the player from their releasing team to their incoming team in accordance with the Cal South Rules and Regulations.
In order to do this:
- Login using your username and password
- Have the transferring team’s ID#
If your release and transfer will occur during the Fall Roster Freeze period between September 1 and December 31, 2020, the following will apply:
- The Fall Season roster freeze period is from September 1 through December 31, 2020.
- A Release and Transfer is only allowed during this time period when initiated online by the parent and uncontested by both the releasing and incoming club
- There is a maximum of 7 days for the releasing registrar to contest the transfer request online, otherwise the request is deemed approved
- If contested, the parent may appeal. The parent must initiate the appeal process within 3 days. This service is free of charge.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your local competitive leagues (CSL, Presidio, SCDSL, Central Coast, Golden Valley Soccer League) may have more restrictive player transfer policies. These policies will take precedence during their respective season.
How to use the Cal South Online Release & Transfer Process
As the parent of a soccer player, you should be aware of our release and transfer process. What is a release and transfer? The formal request to move from one team to another within the same seasonal year.
Within the Cal South Rules and Regulations, a player rostered to a team is bound to that team for the entire seasonal year unless the player requests a transfer or is released.
This service is free of charge.
It is the parent’s responsibility to initiate the release and transfer process online and to make sure they contact the coaches of both the releasing and incoming teams.
It is the responsibility of the registrar to collect the player pass and indicate during the online release and transfer process whether or not the Player Pass was collected.
Once the parent has initiated the release and transfer process online, a set of emails and alert notifications will be sent to the registrar and Cal South. Upon final approval by Cal South, the parent and the registrar will receive an email notification. Once the parent has received the approval notification, they should then contact the registrar of their new club or league to ensure that a new Cal South Player Pass is generated.