We’re extremely thrilled to share the developments regarding our new partnership with IberCup, one of the largest International Youth Soccer Competitions in the world. There has never been a more exciting time to be a Cal South member!
IberCup World is one of the leading tournament hosts on the planet for youth international soccer. Every year, IberCup assembles some of the top soccer academies from around the globe to participate in high-level competitions. Each tournament is carefully coordinated to create a welcoming yet competitive atmosphere under professional-like conditions.
Not only are we creating pathways for Cal South teams to travel abroad and compete in these tournaments, but we’re also taking the IberCup to southern California next year.
So far, 2023 is set to be one of the biggest IberCup years to date. The calendar already features tournaments in: Madrid (Spain), Cascais (Portugal), Andalucía (Spain), Algarve (Portugal), Estoril (Portugal), Barcelona (Spain), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), and São Paolo (Brazil).
To close out the year, Cal South is welcoming the IberCup to southern California. Here’s a taste for what you can expect at our home tournament next December:
- High level competition with the best teams from every continent
- Cal South teams entering the IberCup Global Rankings
- Cal South players displaying their talents on the international stage
- Opportunities for Cal South teams to travel and play around the world
- Unrivaled festival atmospheres with authentic international feel
Want to get involved?
By participating in the Cal South State Cup or National Cup, your team can qualify for the 2023 IberCup in Southern California with a $200 discount per player. Automatic qualification and discounts are available to:
- Mayors Division 2013/10U – 2009/14U Winners
- Governors Division 2013/10U – 2009/14U Winners
- Presidents Division 2013/10U – 2009/14U Regional Winners
- National Cup 2013/10U – 2009/14U Far West Regional Winners
We’ll reveal more information about the tournaments and how you can get involved over the coming months. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on socials to keep up to date. Watch this space!