California State Soccer Association South [Cal South] teams in good standing may now travel to friendly matches* and sanctioned tournaments located in all US Youth Soccer Region IV states without garnering permission through travel papers. US Youth Soccer Region IV state associations include Alaska, Arizona, Cal North, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. All players must have a current medical release (player registration form) and player card, and all team administrators must have a current administrator pass. These documents are proof of insurance coverage should an accident occur on the soccer field during a sanctioned event as mentioned above.

All travel outside that noted above will still require travel papers. If you are unsure whether a tournament is sanctioned through a US Youth Soccer Region IV state association, please check the tournament website as listed below. If a tournament is not listed, please contact the Cal South corporate office for further assistance and instructions.

*Friendly matches must have documentation such as an email exchange stating the intentions of all parties involved.

Cal North
Cal South
New Mexico

There is still NO CHARGE for domestic travel. However, foreign travel applications must include a check for $50 made out to USSF. Please read through all of the information below before attempting to complete your application in CORIS.

For travel within the United States, including any non-Cal South and non-US Youth Soccer Region IV sanctioned events. MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.

Domestic Travel Papers

**Internet Explorer must be used in order for the module to work properly**

  • At the top of the Member Central section on the Cal South homepage, click on “Login” (or click here.)
  • Enter your Username & Password and click on Go.
  • If you do not know your Username and Password, click on Activate Account and follow the instructions. Contact your registrar if you have any difficulty.
  • After you are logged in to your account, make sure that you are in the CORRECT SEASON (each season goes from September 1st to August 31st), then scroll down to the Teams section. Click Edit or View next to the team that is traveling.
  • Your team roster will come up.
  • Click on the Travel Roster tab.
  • Click on Create New Request.
  • Enter the information for the tournament in question including information for the tournament director.
  • Click Save & Continue and a new screen will come up with your current roster. At this point, you can add jersey numbers and positions, remove players from the travel roster (by hitting the red x next to their information), and add other Cal South players and managers/coaches to the travel roster. NOTE: You will need the loan player or Administrator’s ID number in order to add them to your travel roster. When entering the ID number make sure to include the dash (ex: 9999-99999)
  • Click Save & Continue. A notes section will come up. You can add any information that you think would help us in considering your application or leave that section blank. Click Save & Continue and a Review page will come up. If everything is okay, click on Submit Application. If not, click on the corresponding tab at the top to change the Roster, etc.
  • Acceptance or denial will be granted within 72 hours of submission. If you are denied, you will receive an email from the Corporate Office staff. Otherwise, you will be able to see your approval by logging back in to your account.Scroll all the way down to the Travel Requests section. Click on the printer icon next to the application in question, and your approved application will come up.
  • After printing the approved application, make sure that you sign the application and roster in the proper sections, and take this with you to the Tournament.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email the Administrative Services Group at

For travel outside the United States. You will receive FINAL approval from USSF. MUST BE SUBMITTED AT LEAST FOUR WEEKS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.

  1. Login to Cal South Online Registration System and apply for travel papers online by following the instructions for Domestic Travel papers above and mark in the notes section that you will be mailing the rest of the information in to the office. Fill out the Foreign Travel Application & Ted Stevens Act (see below).
  2. Mail the following to the Corporate Office:
  • Foreign Travel Application (click here to download)
  • Ted Stevens Act (click here to download)
  • Official Brochure, Pamphlet, Invitation, or other applicable material of the tournament or games host
  • Check for $50 made out to USSF

We will forward the approved information to USSF. They will contact you directly with your approval or denial. If you have any questions or concerns, please email the Administrative Services Group at

Please mail FOREIGN applications to:
Cal South
1029 S. Placentia Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831
Attn: Travel Papers


Amendments may be made to your travel papers by logging back in to Cal South Online Registration System. Scroll all the way down to the Travel Requests section and click on Edit next to the application in question. Your current papers will show up. You will then be able to edit the travel roster, and resubmit it to the Corporate Office. PLEASE NOTE: We can only guarantee approval for rosters that are submitted no less than 72 hours prior to your departure for the tournament in question.