Team registration is now open for the inaugural season of the brand-new Pacific Players League [PPL], which will begin play in and around the San Diego area in the fall of 2022.
This new league is intended to give local teams and clubs an exciting alternative to other competitive leagues in the area, which may not be currently meeting their expectations or needs.
The Pacific Players League will feature highly competitive play in a tiered system based around a model of promotion and relegation. As an example, the First Division tier will feature the strongest, higher caliber teams, while the number of tiers below (ex. Second Division, Third Division, etc.) will be further based on the number of overall teams participating in the league and the strength of their play.
The tier system also promotes a model of “like-vs.-like” play that allows players to develop their skills against their immediate peers of similar talent, and potentially reduces the number of unbalanced games in a season. Home-and-away game fixtures are another big feature of the new league, where instead of playing all games at a centralized location, all clubs will be allowed to host games within the league in their own areas, thus greatly reducing travel needs.
The largest focus of the Pacific Players League will be on delivering a family-friendly, player-centric experience for all involved. Those clubs signing up and participating in the league will be allowed to have input on league structure and development, in order to work with the needs of its players and their families.
Features of the new Pacific Players League will include:
- Family-centric, with needs of the players considered first
- Ten-month schedule, in the Fall and Spring
- Like-vs-like competition to promote player development
- Home-away fixtures and travel-friendly
- Market-driven team pricing
- Led by its own Commissioner
- Supportive of Cal South State competitions
- Supportive of Cal South Pro+ ODP
- Supporting of continuing coaching education and development
- Officiated by top quality referees
- Supported by excellent customer service
- All league activity both on and off the field will be conducted with RESPECT, involving all players, parents, coaches, referees, and spectators
- Collaboration between all participants in the league will be required and encouraged
To register your teams for the Pacific Players League, your club or league must be affiliated officially with Cal South. However, if your club/league is unaffiliated with Cal South, click the blue button to the right below, fill out the club information form, and Cal South will send you further instructions for registering your teams…