- Competitors will need to add each other as friends on PSN/XBOX Live.
- You must play your opponent through the Online Friendlies Mode, NOT FIFA Ultimate Team.
- To do this go to Online -> Online Friendlies
- All games will use these Online Friendlies settings:
- Half Length: 10 Minutes
- Controls: Any
- Game Speed: Normal
- Players must check-in within 30 minutes of their match start time.
- Players are responsible to kickoff their match no more than 5 minutes from their match start time. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit.
- Players should play Classic Matches as Online Friendlies with the above settings.
- Match time should be set to 10 minute halves.
- If the match results in a draw, players will need to restart a new match with the “Golden Goal” rule. (First player to score, wins)
- Both players MUST report their score by sending a photo or screenshot of the score to firstname.lastname@example.org at the end of the match.
- Both players are responsible for reporting their match results. Failure to do so will result in a match forfeit by both players.
“Home” player must contact their opponent and confirm an agreed upon time to play their match.
- Follow up with opponent after one hour IF they have not responded.
- After 3 attempts with no response, the “home” player automatically advances to the next round.
- Please make sure you have the correct spelling of your opponents username to make sure they are actually receiving your messages.
- Before advancing after attempting to contact opponent 3 times, you will need to submit a screenshot or picture via email or text showing that you did have the correct username (an hour after your third and final attempt.)
- If username was incorrect, you will have 2 more attempts to contact your opponent.
As the “away” player, you must contact your opponent by 3 PM to confirm an agreed upon time to play their match.
- Follow up after an hour if you have not received a response.
- If the hour has passed again, and you still have not received a response, you will need to submit a screenshot or picture via email or text showing that you attempted to contact the “home” player to schedule a game time.
- Same rules apply to the “away” player regarding the correct username as they do the “home” player.
If no time can be agreed upon by both players, both will forfeit and the player they would have faced in the next round will receive a round BYE.
- Once a time has been agreed upon, you will need to in the same lobby ready to start the match an hour prior to the start time that was chosen.
- Both players will need to submit proof of the agreed upon time for the match to take place.
- Both players will need to submit the final score via email or text with a screen shot as proof to validate scores. Please include both usernames, the platform, and division in your message.
- If only one player submits the final score at the deadline, that submission will determine which player moves on to the next round. So please make sure BOTH players submit the final score in order to make sure your win is validated.
- In the case that neither player submits the final score by the deadline, both players will forfeit. The player they were supposed to face in the next round will receive a round BYE.
- If your opponent has not joined your match, or if you have not received the invitation to join their match, you will need to submit proof via email or text, with a screenshot, to prove that they are late, and therefore have forfeited.
Please report any bullying, profanity, inappropriate language or behavior to the committee as well to make sure all participants are abiding by the Cal South Player Code of Conduct.
- Only Cal South registered players.
- Must use FIFA 20 only.
- Divisions of 32 players.
- Multiple Divisions meeting in the Grand Finale per console.
- Maximum of 4 groups per platform.
- Single-elimination format.
- Players may only select Club teams (no National teams).
- Must play with the same team throughout the tournament that they selected while registering.
- If a player starts a match with a new team they must restart the match with their original team, or forfeit the match.
- Game length must be 10 minute halves.
- If end of regulation is a tie, must select “CLASSIC” for overtime,
- If disconnection occurs (defined as WiFi outage, power outage, game crashing, etc.) then the player who disconnected will automatically be disqualified. Whoever doesn’t disconnect must provide a screenshot via email or text the phone number above prior to 9:00AM.
- If a player fails to play his/her scheduled match will result in an automatic forfeit.
- Rescheduling your match will not be allowed.
- Unfortunately, bad internet connections do exist, but if both players can play their match, you will need to finish your game.
- Tampering with your internet connection to have an advantage in your match will result in a warning, and potentially banned from the league.
- If a player quits, exits or disconnects from a match regardless of the situation, it is the responsibility of the player from the opposite team to notify the league admins for assistance to come up with a resolution.
- Cheating is NOT allowed nor is submitting a false match score. Doing so will result in a match forfeit, or potentially banned from the league.
- Photo or video evidence is required if you claim your opponent has broken any of the league rules. Failure to show any proof will result invalid.
When registering for the Cal South FIFA 20 Online Tournament, players willingly agree to comply with the following terms, rules and conditions for participation:
a) Player Communications – Cal South does not monitor or block chat functions, comments, or other communications made by players. However, it is recommended that players do not share personal information with other players that they do not wish to be made public (e.g., name, personal cell-phone number, address, etc.). In addition, any abusive or obscene language used in communications may lead to disqualification of the offending player, and denial of access to the website.
b) Information Collection and Use – Cal South collects information from our users by several different methods, including its website, and is the sole owner of the data so collected. In each case, only information that is reasonably necessary to participate in the Cal South activity at hand will be collected. We will never condition an underage player’s participation in an online activity on the disclosure of information that is beyond what is reasonably necessary for Cal South to conduct the relevant activity.
Data from the Cal South FIFA20 Online Tournament and related sources may further used by Cal South to contact the player about Cal South products, news, promotions and events. Players can opt out of receiving marketing emails from Cal South or may contact Cal South with questions regarding the use of their personal data by sending an e-mail stating their name and e-mail address to email@example.com, together with request to opt-out of marketing emails or with their question.
If all or substantially all of the assets relating to the www.calsouth.com website are transferred or sold to another entity, personal information we received from Players may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
c) Demographic Information Sharing – Cal South may accumulate and store aggregated demographic information about website users. This information is not linked or otherwise traceable to any identifiable personal information of the players, and is used solely to advise website partners and advertisers of the site’s general audience characteristics, and to track responses to online programs and activities.
When called upon to do so, Cal South will disclose information received as required by law, such as in response to a court order or other specific requests by law enforcement agencies.
d) Video & Photo Release – When registering for Cal South Gaming events, Players hereby grant Cal South permission to use their likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital reproduction in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. Players further give permission to Cal South to use this image or video in any and all of its publications, advertising and promotions, including website entries, without payment or other consideration. Players understand and agree that all such media and related materials will become the property of Cal South and will not be returned. Players hereby irrevocably authorize Cal South to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute these photos and videos and related materials for purposes of publicizing and promoting its programs, or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, Players waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein their likeness appears.
Players hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge Cal South from all claims, demands, and causes of action that they, or their heirs, representatives, executors, administrators or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of their estate, have or may have by reason of this authorization.
Player represents that he/she is competent to contract in his/her own name, and that he/she has read this release and fully understands the contents, meaning, and impact of this release.
e) Policy on Minors – Cal South Gaming allows minors under the age of 18 to participate in online competitions and tournaments. By checking ”I agree to the following attendee agreements from the Tournament Organizers: Waiver” box, upon registration, the parent or legal guardian of the under-aged player has confirmed that he or she has read the Cal South Gaming Waiver Agreement in its entirety and has given full consent for his under-aged player to participate.
Cal South Gaming does not collect personally identifiable information from minors under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that his or her child or ward under the age of 13 has provided Cal South with personal information without the parent’s consent, then the parent should delete the account and notify Cal South. If Cal South becomes aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information without such consent, we will delete such information from our files.
f) Cookies – A cookie is data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of cookies on the Cal South website is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information of Players on our site, and is used for website function purposes only.
g) Log Files – Cal South may use Internet Protocol (‘IP’) address log files to analyze trends, administer the Cal South Gaming page, track user activity, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate website use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
h) Security/Links – The Cal South website takes every precaution to protect player information. We do not ask players for more information than is necessary to conduct the various activities being conducted on our website, and all of our information is protected both online and off-line through the use of industry-standard practices.
This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by the Cal South website. Cal South encourages Players to also to review and understand the privacy policies and information collection practices of other websites that link to and from our website. While Cal South screens our links for overall content, information and entertainment value, we are not responsible for the practices of other websites as they apply to privacy, security, integrity and compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (‘COPPA’) or any other state or federal laws or regulations.
California State Soccer Association – South
1029 S. Placentia Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831