FULLERTON, Calif. (November 9, 2021) – Cal South’s PRO+ Olympic Development Program (ODP) announced today their selections for the 2021 Winter Player Pools, featuring top boys and girls in the 2010 through 2005 age groups. The players selected to these PRO+ ODP pools are by invite only.
All age groups for these Winter Pools will hold multiple training sessions throughout December during which Pro+ ODP staff will select 18 players to represent Cal South at the 2022 US Youth Soccer ODP West Regional Championships in Arizona on Jan 6-10, 2022. In years past, Cal South’s Pro+ ODP teams have won a record 98 Regional Championships, and from there, another record 38 ODP National Championships.
“We are most excited with the very talented group of players we have identified and selected to take part in this year’s ODP Winter Pools,” said Steve Hoffman, Cal South Technical Director. “Once again, we want to thank all of the fantastic clubs and coaches who developed these players who are now representing Southern California in the Olympic Development Program.”
To view the 2021 Pro+ ODP Winter Pools, click here.
Training sessions for the selected players will take place on the following dates:
- December 4: Girls 2009, Girls 2008, Boys 2009 & Boys 2008 | OC Great Park in Irvine
- December 5: Girls 2007, Girls 2006, Girls 2005, Boys 2007, Boys 2006 & Boys 2005 | OC Great Park in Irvine
- December 11: Girls 2010, Girls 2009, Girls 2008, Boys 2010, Boys 2009 & Boys 2008 | Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut
- December 12: Girls 2010, Girls 2007, Girls 2006, Girls 2005, Boys 2010, Boys 2007, Boys 2006 & Boys 2005 | Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut
- December 18: Girls 2010, Girls 2009, Girls 2008, Boys 2010, Boys 2009 & Boys 2008 | Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut
- December 19: All Age Groups | Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut
- January 2, 2022: Girls 2009, Girls 2008, Girls 2007, Girls 2006, Girls 2005, Boys 2009, Boys 2008, Boys 2007, Boys 2006 & Boys 2005 | Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut
“We realize that the soccer picture in Southern California is very confusing right now,” said Hoffman. “With several competitive leagues operating in the area, it is important that we stress that Cal South Pro+ ODP has always been open to all players regardless of where they play. We accept recommendations for unaffiliated players and scout them the same way as affiliated players. The emphasis in identifying the talented players who make up these winter pools is based on assessment and development.”
Cal South Pro+ ODP accepts player recommendations from the following: Affiliated Club Technical Directors, Club Directors of Coaching, Club Coaches, Regional Staff Coaches, National Staff Coaches, ODP Scouts, Opposing Club Coaches. They do NOT accept recommendations from private trainers or parents.
For issues of clarity, this ODP activity has been deemed by the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) State Office as meeting the criteria as outlined in State Bylaw 603 concerning Outside Competition (Special Programs/Olympic Development Programs).
The players selected to these PRO+ ODP pools are by invite only. If you have been selected for the pool list, you will need to complete your registration by clicking here. If you are on the pool list and you did not receive an email invitation, please contact Sarah Garcia at email@example.com or call/text 714-519-8411.